July 10, 2008

Question of week

Every so often, I'm struck by a question or idea and I obsess over it for awhile. The latest one: When will I feel like an adult?

I'm 20-something, have been out in the working world, on my own, for almost six years, and I still don't feel like I'm a grownup yet. What gives?

Not that I'm in any hurry - I'm a kid at heart. But when I look around me, it seems like everyone else has It. The career, the family, the goals. They know everything that they, as kids, wanted answers to. And when I compare my life to that...it feels like I haven't gotten much accomplished. I moved out of home. I got a job. Big deal.

I know, I shouldn't discount what I've done so far. But I have goals, and it feels like I'm nowhere closer to attaining them than I was 6 years ago. I've no one to blame but myself, though.

2 Comments (Click here to comment):

Anonymous,  July 14, 2008 at 2:29 PM  

You have accomplished a lot in your 6 years. So what if you aren't married, I am sure there are many married people who wish they had your freedom. You say you have goals but haven;t accomplished them yet, keep working on them, some are short term goals, others are long term. Make a plan and try to stick to it !
Hang in there !

XombieNiteOfLivingDead July 19, 2008 at 7:51 PM  

I think many people our age feel that way but take a close look at ALL you've done. I bet it's a LOT. There's no rush to get married or have babies...

If you need to talk, Xombie and I are readily available, :D


Oh! and Add us!

About This Blog

A mix of personal-yet-not-too-personal blogging and photoblog.

Recent Posts

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP