July 21, 2008

It's Monday and I'm at Work. Bleah...

I had a pretty good weekend. I headed back up to PA for a good friend's, who I've known since I was four, bridal shower. Apollo was, of course, thrilled because he got to see my parents, who he adores (especially my mom). What's not to love? Bigger house, bigger, nicer yard and oodles of treats and love.

Picture is Apollo and me. I had no idea I make that face when I squint.

My dad, awhile ago, bought a case of Yeunglinger lagers. What he didn't know at the time is that they are GINORMOUS BOTTLES. 22 fl oz - almost twice the size of regular bottles. So I had to endure comments like, "You're not going driving after you finish that bottle, are you?" from my mom.
I took oodles of pictures of my girlfriends at the shower, but I won't be posting their pictures. However, I want to say...They are a bunch of HAWT babes. They put me to shame. And they're so much fun to hang out with. My "replacement" (I know, she's not really, but that's what I'm calling her) is awesome. I spent some time chatting with her and I approve. I love her already just based on our 20 minute chat and can see us being friends easily. Good addition to the group.

One of the...let's call it "perks" with quote marks for sarcasm...of being a longtime friend of the bride is I got a few classic comments and questions from her family like this conversation I had with KR's mom, "So you're the last one to get married?"

"Yep."

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Nah, I haven't been hooked yet."

"You...do want to get married?" Poignant pause and all.

I laughed and told her I'd like to but if I didn't, it wouldn't bother me that much.

KR's mom gave me a wierd little look after that. I'm not sure if maybe she didn't understand me (accent and all, you know), or maybe she wasn't too sure she liked what I said. Who knows?

I thought about the afternoon while driving home last night in between "white-knuckle driving weather", and I realized I did mean what I said. I don't mind being the last single one, I don't mind not being married, I'm not in a hurry to do so. What I do mind is that everyone seems to be...adult-like. They give me the impression that they know what they want out of life, while I don't. Maybe they're just better at putting on a front.

I can't wait for next weekend. Bachelorette party hoo-ah!

0 Comments (Click here to comment):

About This Blog

A mix of personal-yet-not-too-personal blogging and photoblog.

Recent Posts

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP