July 10, 2008

Update...

As some of you may have noticed, my posting frequency dropped recently. I've been a bit busier than usual.

I am officially out of my old apartment. I finally got everything cleared out, "cleaned" the apartment and turned in my keys. It's amazing how much crap I've accrued. Most of which are now sitting in my house's living room. My FemRoomie must be so thrilled. I do plan to put most of it in the basement though, and will work on either selling it off or throwing some of it out. Well, that's the theoretical plan. We'll see if I follow through.

Also, my weekends have been pretty chock-full of activities. I'm trying to get out more and to meet more people. I'm contemplating starting a separate blog tracking dating activity...the reactions guys have to a deaf woman hitting on them. A semi-scientific experiment. I don't know. I haven't quite thought it through. I'm not sure I really want to do that either.

I also devoted some time to fixing up my resume and cover letter, and have been sporadically applying to jobs out West. It's much more time-consuming than one would expect. Searching for jobs, researching the company, customizing the coverletter and resume for that one company. Rinse and repeat.

On a similar note, I actually found a photojournalism job at a smallish newspaper and the description also asks for someone with copyediting and writing experience. I highly doubt I'd get this job, I have absolutely no working experience as a photographer, but I do meet the other requirements...So. I'm going to do my best to impress them. The deadline to apply is for the 14th, I think...Need to doublecheck. Anyway, the next few days I'll be juggling the planned activities for this weekend and working on the application.

Apollo is doing fabulous. He had a bout of upset tummy earlier in the week, and it was pretty vile for about 24 hours, but he is on the mend now. And now Sampson is showing signs of the same upset tummy. FemRoomie and I have no idea what caused it, but I suspect it was a nylabone. FemRoomie gave a couple to Sampson, and Apollo may have gotten a bite or two. He (Apollo) has really bad reactions to those even though he loves them. It's the only thing I can think of, anyhow.

We love the backyard, we love the grill that a previous roommate left. But we do not love the mosquitoes - they are BAD in the backyard. I wish there was a human version of the Interceptor. A dab of the liquid stuff, and we're immune-ish to bugs for a month. Sweet. I picked up a bottle of stuff to spray in the yard, it's supposed to help for a few weeks. We will see if it works.

That's about it.

0 Comments (Click here to comment):

About This Blog

A mix of personal-yet-not-too-personal blogging and photoblog.

Recent Posts

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP