November 8, 2007

Eye-Crossing

Now and then, I'll read up on photography techniques and equipment in my spare time. But I'm finding that the more I read, the more confused I get. I really need a nice, organized site that clearly explains them. Most sites I find are either overly simplistic and too general, along the lines of Photography for Dummies, or overly complicated. To the point where I'm overwhelmed by information or just plain don't understand it.

I need something in between. Any suggestions, fellow photographers?

I've been so busy lately that I haven't been able to do much in ways of writing, photography...or anything else. Well. That's partly true. The daylight savings time change is doing a number on me, and by the time I get home, it's dark. And I feel like it's time for bed. It's very frustrating because I'm the sort of person who likes to be active. I don't want my life to be about work and sleep. These days, that's what it feels like. I spend about 9-10 hours at work - 11-12, counting the commute time), and sleep 8-9 hours. That leaves me with a paltry 3-5 hours to do anything (if you count the hour I spend in the morning in a sleep stupor walking Apollo before work).

"You can sleep when you're dead." I really wish I could follow this adage...I'd love to be able to get by on 4 or 5 hours of sleep and still be functional the next day. But I'm simply not built like that. I like my sleep too much. And my dreams can be so interesting. More than reality sometimes (dragons, anyone?).

Anyway. I got a little off track with my train of thought. I'm famous for starting projects that I don't finish. Let's see if I can finish a couple this month.

  1. Set up a mini-studio and play with creating artsy-fartsy shots of "stuff". Then I'll actually have photos to post during the week.
  2. Re-cover my armchair (I actually started this week, but got stuck)
  3. Write! Look for freelance gigs, etc.

0 Comments (Click here to comment):

About This Blog

A mix of personal-yet-not-too-personal blogging and photoblog.

Recent Posts

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP