October 29, 2007

Gorgeous Shiny Days

If it isn't evident already, yes, weather do affect my moods. It's been beautiful, and nice and crisp out. I took oodles of pictures of Apollo running around in my parents' backyard, to test the new lens. I need new filters though - it's a different mm size than the kit lens. No biggie - they're cheap. I've been browsing strobist's blog (link to right), and it's becoming very apparent how much more I have to learn about photography especially the lighting aspect.

I'll have Apollo's pictures loaded tonight or tomorrow. As mentioned before, I went to a friend's fifth annual halloween party. It wasn't a major affair like the past parties, probably because a higher number of people now have small children and couldn't drink as much or stay as late. I dressed up as a "photographer" -- lame, I know. But it turned out to be a good thing. I had people yelling, "Jen, take pictures of us!" or "Jenny, take picture of that (funny pairing of costume)!" all night. I think I took about 200 pictures, I'll hand them over to one of the PA girls to scrapbook (she likes scrapbooking). No pictures on the blog though - I won't load them unless I have explicit permission.

Anyway, these are very creative, smart, fun people to hang out with. KR and her fiance went as egg and bacon. Then someone showed up wearing a chicken costume. I snapped a picture of KR and the chicken guy. Which came first, chicken or egg?

MMH, the hostess was a '30s cigarrette girl (chick wearing cute outfit with a little platter of cigarettes and candies) and her hubby dressed up drag as a bimbo sport ref, fake boobs and all; KC and DC - Dr. Seuss' 1 and 2, a deviled egg (egg costume with devil props), zombie scarecrow, a leaf blower (a guy wearing leaves hanging from his baseball hat, he spent the evening blowing them out of his face), KSko and TSko as stone age couple, KW as pirate and her hubby a monk (I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a couple costume, somehow) and oh, yes...Because there was a major PSU/OSU game on that night, one guy showed up dressed like the OSU mascot, with a noose around his neck.

Bummer that PSU lost.

0 Comments (Click here to comment):

About This Blog

A mix of personal-yet-not-too-personal blogging and photoblog.

Recent Posts

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP