April 18, 2009

Wind farm in Texas

Looking back, it didn't seem like I took a lot of pictures. So when I uploaded them onto my computer, I was shocked to see 200 photos. Most are bad because I didn't take a lot of time setting up my camera, sometimes employing what I call Xtreme Photography. A few turned out pretty good.

I was quite fascinated by the wind farms in Texas.



I've always held a fascination for them, but with the recent spate of publicity, thanks to Boone T. Pickens, it'll be interesting to see how much more widespread they become.

Contrary to popular belief, they do not take much space, time and money in comparison to other power sources. In fact, you can install a small one in your own backyard! And you can wire it to your house and use it to offset your power costs.

One of my goals, here in Colorado, is to get involved with clean power organizations in some shape or form.

1 Comments (Click here to comment):

Texas Ann,  April 20, 2009 at 2:34 PM  

That looks like near where I live. Those big ones are a lot bigger than you think, though. They are quiet, and I think that have a weird beauty. They are very quiet, too, just a gentle "whoosh".

About This Blog

A mix of personal-yet-not-too-personal blogging and photoblog.

Recent Posts

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP