March 23, 2009

Reruns

I'm actually moving to Colorado in about two weeks. I have to be out of the door on 31st, and will be officially on road on April 1st. No joking. That means I won't have a whole lot of time to blog between now and whenever I get settled in. So I'm going to post some reruns and postdate them so that new posts will continue in the next couple weeks.

Some of these photos might seem familiar if you're a long-time reader, but I'll try to tweak them, at very minimum, so they're a little different.

Here's the original shot of Apollo that I took before moving to this house. I'd say about a year ago, roughly. If memory serves, when I posted it here, I made it look like an old pointillism comic photo.
This time around, I decided to play with a fake HDR look. A HDR photo is a fairly new rage in photography although it's been around a long time. The advent of digital cameras just made this technique a lot easier to do. The "correct" way to take a HDR photo is to shoot a preferrably static image on a tripod (as to get identical images and not have any weird ghost issues in postproduction), then shoot it again at two or three stops in both negative and positive exposures. Then after you upload the photo, you can merge them to create either very horrible pictures or absolutely jaw-dropping photos.

I don't have the time to go out and do that right now, so I decided to fake it using photoshop.
After moving - or perhaps while moving, I'll work up some bad examples to show you an example of the ghostly overlaps and hopefully a good one or two, too. I'm taking my tripod, who knows, maybe I'll see something interesting.

Oh and...what's in photo #1 that's not in #2? Hint - I did not crop anything out.

3 Comments (Click here to comment):

ApolloFan,  April 5, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

How did you do that??? I love it! Apollo looks amazing! But seriously, which tool/s did you use in photoshop to recreate the HDR look?

Jen April 6, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

I downloaded an action and ran it...This weekend, I'll have my computer set up (hopefully), and will find where this feature is for you. I don't remember offhand.

ApolloFan,  April 6, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

That would be so awesome! Glad to hear you made it to CO safe and sound!

About This Blog

A mix of personal-yet-not-too-personal blogging and photoblog.

Recent Posts

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP