December 1, 2008

Smart Cars

This scares me.


This is a convertible smart car. Not only do you not have much padding in front or behind you, you also lose the ceiling?

I saw this car in D.C. a few days ago. It boggles my mind to picture this car zipping through D.C. traffic. And I use the word, "zip," loosely. It doesn't have much power. 1.0 liter, 3 cylinders.

Crazy. I did read up on this car when it first came out on the market, and I remember an engineer saying that the frame is built like a ping-pong ball. Hit something, you'll simply bounce off. Great analogy, but what happens when you hit a SUV or a semi-truck? Or if you get sandwiched between cars? I don't want to find out personally.

But hey! They have a coin holder! My car doesn't have that!

1 Comments (Click here to comment):

Anonymous,  December 11, 2008 at 11:43 AM  

I saw that car when we were in DC earlier this week, talk about small !

About This Blog

A mix of personal-yet-not-too-personal blogging and photoblog.

Recent Posts

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP