May 19, 2008

Random Thoughts

Looking over my pictures, I have a tendency to photograph stuff at an angle...It's partly because I have a hard time getting very straight lines perfectly lined up. (See the government door picture below for example). Oh well! Other reason is cause it can be more interesting at an angle.
---
I was talking with a friend on Saturday about moving (we both want to get out of DC) and now I'm toying with the idea of moving without a job lined up prior. It's a scary notion. But I know I can get by on my savings and on "grub" type jobs if I do that. Dog-walking pays pretty well in a good location. Plus, companies would be more motivated to interview a local as opposed to someone on other side of the country.

I was all set to do that not too long ago - move to DC without a job - when my current gig fell into my lap. I won't be doing this anytime soon though. I'll wait until I hit my breaking point...probably by next spring. Hopefully it won't come to that though.
---
I'm going to start looking for photog contests to enter into. Maybe I'll find one that bans photoshopping. I think that's the only way my photographs have a chance. Good way to get my photographs out there, maybe gain a little recognition - and who knows? Maybe some cash too.
---
Ok, gotta go bug some people for their articles. Earn my paycheck by nagging. Yeah, not my idea of fun.

0 Comments (Click here to comment):

About This Blog

A mix of personal-yet-not-too-personal blogging and photoblog.

Recent Posts

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP