February 5, 2008

New Year Resolutions Check-In

Let's see how I'm doing with the resolutions.

1. Improve photography skills
- I'm reading up on techniques and practicing using them using my limited setup. Good sofar.
- I haven't gotten around to finding a parttime gig with a photo studio. I'll pursue this after moving. I don't have adequate equipment to play with lighting, and I hear the best way to learn about that is to actually do it.

2. Take a couple editing classes
- I haven't gotten around to this.

3. Start looking for a new job, both locally and later in the year, out West
- I did look a couple times on monster.com, but not seriously. Right now, I'm focusing on finding a new place and that occupies my free time.

4. Find a couple more climbing partners in addition to the one I already climb with
- My current partner isn't climbing for a month due to being too busy right now. I plan to post on an online and a physical bulletin board.

5. Climb a 5.10 route
- Not gonna happen anytime soon, I'm so out of shape due to irregular climbing that I'm struggling on 5.8, which I'm normally pretty solid on.

6. Stop dressing like I'm still in college
- I did buy a few nice items, but (always a but) they're primarily for spring/summer. I plan to keep adding to my wardrobe over the next few weeks as well as weeding out the old/ugly/crappy items.

7. And a classic: Get fit. Sub-goal - to run 5 miles without stopping.
- I'm following a "Couch-to-5k" program, which says to run 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds for a week, then run 90 seconds, walk 2 minutes 2nd week. And so on. It's been a month and though I'm "running" 4-5 times a week, I'm go back and forth between first and second stages.
- I did make an appointment with a Dr and hopefully will get inhalers soon.

8. Eat healthier/stop relying on pre-processed food for meals
- Sofar this month, I've only had one frozen meal. I'm cooking a lot more. I think this one is a success (sofar).

9. Take a real vacation out of town somewhere that I actually have to pay for myself instead of being cheap and staying at home.
- A friend and I are talking about going to Australia at end of this year. I'm also hoping to hit the beach again this summer.

10. Be happy and be strong enough to change things if I'm not happy with something
- Working on it!

1 Comments (Click here to comment):

Anonymous,  February 6, 2008 at 6:06 AM  

Sounds like you are making great headway - much better than most people do with their resolutions.

About This Blog

A mix of personal-yet-not-too-personal blogging and photoblog.

Recent Posts

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP