October 15, 2007

Weekend

My work passed out free tickets to the Washington International Horse Show, and I took 3, intending to go 3 nights. Unfortunately, I had a bad headache for a couple days and couldn't stand to do much beyond walk Apollo after work. I did make it to the show Saturday night, however.

There, I discovered that I really need to get better, faster lens. I spent the whole evening fiddling with the camera's settings, trying to get a clear shot. I did manage to get a few, almost decent pictures, but they're still not satisfactory.

Then, coming home from the show, I was getting in my car at the metro station when I noticed a few fire trucks racing in the direction of my apartment. Naturally, I thought nothing of it. When I arrived at my apartment, the first thing I noticed were the fire trucks. And all my neighbors standing outside.

I park the car in the lot, hop out, and find the nearest person that I recognized. "What happened?" "Fire," She shrugs.

"What!?"

I made my way through the crowd very quickly, and was about to try sneak past the cops and firemen to get Apollo when they gave the all-clear. If they hadn't...should I have gone in? I rationalized it this way: The apartment building looked intact -- no raging infernos. The firemen were not using their hoses on the building.

That begs the question: Would I have gone in, if there were noticable flames? Hmm...Probably, unless I knew positively that I couldn't make it up 7 floors. Fortunately, I didn't have to test that.

Anyway, here are the pictures from the horseshow!







0 Comments (Click here to comment):

About This Blog

A mix of personal-yet-not-too-personal blogging and photoblog.

Recent Posts

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP