September 10, 2007

Better Butter

Yesterday, I ran to Safeway to get butter. Yep, that's all I got. Butter. I needed butter for my morning toasts. Safeway doesn't have a great selection, and I encountered three different brands. "I can't believe it's not butter!", Parkay, and Land o' Lakes.

Being the cheapass I am, I zeroed in on the cheapest. Land o' Lake came in first, with 2 packs of 2 tubs for $3. I can't believe it's not butter was on sale, 2 packs of 2 tubs for 5 bucks. I don't remember what Parkay was, but needless to say it came in last.

On a whim, I decided to compare the caloric and fat calories. Land o' Lake, if memory serves, had 80 calories, and calories from fat - 80 (egad!). I can't believe it's not butter came in at 90 calories, and fat calories 90.

Isn't the whole point of eating fake butter so you could have less calories and fat? At least, that's what their commercials say. Lies! Who would've thunk it?! Commercials lied to us? (Yes, that's sarcasm.)

0 Comments (Click here to comment):

About This Blog

A mix of personal-yet-not-too-personal blogging and photoblog.

Recent Posts

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP