May 26, 2009

A local roadster show

We had rain most of the weekend which pretty much ruined my outdoorsy plans. I got a little shopping done Saturday. Sunday, the morning was dry so Apollo and I went for a two-hour hike. About 15 minutes after we got back home, it started to pour. Good timing. Monday, it drizzled on and off all day. I noticed that there was a small car show near me, at a biker bar and decided to go. Apollo and I walked down to it and while I snapped some photos, he got tons of attention. Heaven for him! Little did I know that I had forgotten to put the memory card in the camera!

Well after I got back to my apt, I realized and went back down to reshoot, but alas, they were winding up for the day.

Most of the cars at the show were vintage roadsters, some cars had upgrades, some were true to the original design. One very old, rusted car, I noticed was sitting in a different lot across the street. I asked someone who seemed to know his stuff why it wasn't here with the other cars, and the gist of it was: The owner of that car gutted it and replaced it with anachronistic parts. Like plastic skull for the shift knob. So they effectively banned him/the car from being a part of the show. Haha! I like these guys.

Which version do you like better?

I like both, but considering this car is, I think from 1920 or 1930s 1940s period - I'm just guessing based on Hollywood flicks - I think the black and white one is more fitting.

P.S. Does anyone know what car this is? Or what time period it's from?

0 Comments (Click here to comment):

About This Blog

A mix of personal-yet-not-too-personal blogging and photoblog.

Recent Posts

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP