April 20, 2009

Volcano in New Mexico

On my journey, I passed through New Mexico. Enjoying the scenery and the rocky lands, I remember thinking at one point that "these rocks look awfully a lot like volcanic rocks." And along I went, merrily enjoying the scenic highway that looped around a large hill - or a small mountain.

Not long after that thought, I saw a small sign. Capulin Volcano National Monument.



I read up on this volcano tonight. This little beast last erupted 60,000 years ago. And apparently, there are at least 100 other volcanoes in northern NM and southern Colo.

A part of me wishes I had pursued geology or archeology. This is so fascinating!

0 Comments (Click here to comment):

About This Blog

A mix of personal-yet-not-too-personal blogging and photoblog.

Recent Posts

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP