April 30, 2009

Hill or mountain?

Apollo and I have been hitting a foothill near me about 3 or 4 times a week to try get in shape. I want to do a 14'er this summer. Because I hadn't really exercised during the winter, plus the asthma, I'm starting at very easy levels. This looks tame, no? Can you see the people ahead of me?
No? Here. I'll help. The couple along with a little dog is circled in red. Part of the trail - my lens isn't wide enough to capture it all - is in blue.
This takes me about 10 minutes to get to where the blue line stops in the photo. First time I did it, I had to stop 3 or 4 times to wheeze and catch my breath. I'm proud to say that, a couple days ago, I managed to get to that stopping point with only one break.

The trail is about 3.5 miles long, I think. Apollo and I are doing only about a mile round-trip right now, it takes about half an hour - for now. Baby steps. I think we've made pretty good progress, considering the asthma issue, in only two weeks.

Oh yeah, I think I saw a mountain cat's footprints last time we went there. It had just rained, and there was a set of animal prints that were did not resemble a dog's foot.

0 Comments (Click here to comment):

About This Blog

A mix of personal-yet-not-too-personal blogging and photoblog.

Recent Posts

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP