March 3, 2009

Snow day


Cameras - digital cameras, especially - like to underexpose snow (more on this in a later post) so this originally came out dark. Cameras also have a hard time photographing true white - even when your settings are properly set - so this came out pretty blue too. I tweaked this picture so it was lighter and truer to its actual light settings. Then fiddled with the tone so it was less blue. I actually was able to get it really close to true-white, but the values for the trees, branches and so on were a little off. After some reflection, I decided I liked it somewhere in middle - a bit blue, but not smurf blue. It feels very wintry and stark, but somehow at the same time, it makes me feel like a kid. I want to jump into that scene and make snow angels.

0 Comments (Click here to comment):

About This Blog

A mix of personal-yet-not-too-personal blogging and photoblog.

Recent Posts

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP