April 22, 2009

For most of the trip, we drove along Highway 40 - formerly the well-known Route 66. It was a popular highway a few decades ago and was even in a song.

I want to say this photo is in NM, but the date stamp indicates it was taken somewhere in western Oklahoma or in Texas Panhandle - more likely the latter; the soil is redder there.


I read about how soil is black or yellow or red or orange in various parts of the country, but this was the first time I saw it with my own eyes.

Oh, and - The funky two-tone is due to my poor decision to photograph with my passenger window up. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I will have to figure out how to fix it later.

1 Comments (Click here to comment):

LadyPatsFan April 25, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

lovely landscape photo. We've been seeing a lot of red dust/mud on cars during our drives across OK lately. Ironic that you posted this just when I was noticing it. :)

About This Blog

A mix of personal-yet-not-too-personal blogging and photoblog.

Recent Posts

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP